Sunday, October 08, 2006

The unexpected

The week and weekend so far has been so interesting.

First off, my TV finally died after 12 years. And it was on the first game of the season for the Canucks! However, I got the new TV yesterday and I am loving it! I was initially going for an LCD but then I just decided on a conventional CRT flat tube TV. I basically evaluated my needs and consulted my cousin and a few of my friends about my dilemna. Also, we never even knew that my cousin was going to have lunch in the same place we were. I happened to park right beside him and we all surprised each other LOL!

The Canucks. Whoa. Who'd a thunk it? First two games, back to back even, on the road, we won them both! Wow. First against the Detroit Red Wings and now, against the Columbus Blue Jackets. We caught up from a 2-0 deficit in the 3rd period and really laid the pedal to the metal

Lots of partying during the weekend. On Friday, it was my b-day and I celebrated it in a club. I'm now the big 30 (explains my previous post 6-30) Here, I managed my booze well and was able to keep a nice buzz the whole night without tipping over the edge. It's funny coz that whole night in the club all I could see was bodies and blurred faces. I felt like I was in the "Cops" show where they blur out criminals' faces.

I also came back from another close friend's b-day celebration at his house. Lots of food and people but this time I was not the one getting drunk. I hope my buddy is ok. He drank A LOT!

Time to get back to work. Two midterms coming up this week! Wish me luck :p

No comments: