Thursday, October 26, 2006

Luongo posts first shutout as a Canuck

Vancouver has always been known as a goalie graveyard. We never had an elite goaltender ever since Kirk McLean and it usually bites us in the ass come playoff time. The Canucks went 97 games without a shutout until last night. The shutout is Luongo's 28th for his career. One goal didn't count, however, because of an early whistle but who cares, it's still a shutout and a win for us


On to another sports topic, the draft day of my Fantasy Basketball League is this coming Saturday. I will post more about this when my players get drafted. Last year, Gabby tried to persuade me to join the league but I didn't want to. I finally caved in and this season, I'm joining from the start. I was 2nd from last place last season but was able to move up 3 notches at one time. There were 5 of us last season, and the same group this season. It's my team now and my players, so I cannot make the same excuses.

No comments: