Monday, October 30, 2006

Held up

I would like to thank god that this situation didn't happen to me yesterday at work because it could easily have been.

Long story short, I moved to a different register that was less busy because the person who I was replacing was going home. The co-worker that replaced me got held up an hour before closing time when it was not that busy. The robber showed his gun at my co-worker and he was forced to obey his orders and gave out all his money. The customers behind this robber came back to the store and acted as a witness to the incident after closing. I'm curious to see what happens when I go back to work this Friday. I hope they catch that bastard!

The important thing is that he didn't get hurt but he was really shaken up. I just hope that he recovers from this incident. Me, on the other hand, I was shocked as well as it could have easily been me hadn't I moved from my till.

Do not take things for granted. You never know what may happen.

No comments: