Tuesday, July 24, 2007

First day

Well it was my first day in a new job as an Assistant Accountant and it went well I thought. There was a lot of work to be done, and what I did today is probably around 10-20% of what I will be doing (invoicing). And you know what? I say bring it on! I tell you, I must be in the right field because it is tedious work but I am really liking it so far. My friend is giving me one month to get sick and tired of it. If it was a bet, I would be a millionaire by now.. hee hee...

The people and the work environment was really nice. I am like Dilbert. I have a cubicle, although unlike Dilbert, my cubicle has a lot of space. I report directly to the Accountant (hence, assistant) and he is a pretty cool guy. So far at least. That is a real good sign.

My cousin brought up a good point. He says that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I'm so used to jobs that required "sprinting". The mindset has to change, and I feel this is more suited to what I want.

In around three weeks, I will get to see the gamut of tasks I have to do everyday and find ways to get every if not most of it done. Until then, I will just keep learning and do my best. That's the only thing I can control - how hard I work and how smart I work at it.

It feels great to have a big rock lifted off my shoulders. Scratch that.... a boulder lifted off my shoulders. Me, an Accountant. Sort of has a nice ring to it don't you think?

No comments: