Saturday, May 05, 2007

Going going gone!

Well that sort of describes what happened the past few days.

The Canucks of course, but you know what? They went above what was expected of them this season. What Luongo and AV did with the personnel they had plus the adversity of injuries was nothing short of admirable. At the start of the season, I predicted them to be a little bit below .500 or above. Well, they did more than that.

Things can only look up for the Canucks but not with the same personnel. Luongo will still be there, so are our defencemen who played great these playoffs. Luc Bourdon, our highly touted draft pick, will finally be able to stick with the team, and that should help a lot. Edler showed what he can do this season. Our forwards needs some revamping, however. Sedins will stay, but I bet that Naslund and Morrison will be the next to go. Go Canucks Go!

And The Raptors. I feel the same way. A very bright future ahead, and they lost this playoff series due to the lack of experience. With one season of playoffs under their belt, things will look even better next season

But wow, Dallas? Losing to Golden State? I wasn't expecting that at all! I wanted the Warriors to win the series anyway. Nothing against Dallas but I like rooting for the underdogs. My Rockets play Game 7 tomorrow and please, this once, have one of my teams advance... Please, I beg of you.

I can also say the same thing with what happened today but I would not really know till Thursday next week. Oh well move on.

As I watched Rocky Balboa on DVD this evening, a quote from that movie really hit home to me. This is what I should remember as I go through my life.

It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done
-Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone)

No comments: