Monday, April 30, 2007

What is going on?

This has been a crazy weekend in sports.

First off, the Canucks. Just when you thought that we would get the upperhand, we squander it on Game 3. In Game 2, we see an inspired team that unexpectedly won on Anaheim on Cowan the Brabarian's heroics. Linden is showing why he brought the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals in '94. True, he's old and a shadow of what he once was but his hardwork and heart still shines. Then of course, you have an immediate letdown on the next game where Anaheim won the first game at GM Place. Since I was working that day, I didn't get to watch the game. Nice to see that Naslund and Daniel Sedin scored although the giveaway by Luongo proved to be the extra goal that the Canucks couldn't recover from.

And how about the NBA? Who would've thunk it? Miami got swept by Chicago! I guess Wade's injury was worse than expected. Warriors pushed the Mavs in to the brink of elimination by winning Game 4 at home and leading the series 3-1! Toronto is playing real bad, not being able to handle the Nets. They are down 3-1. Looks like my picks are all going south this first round.

Canucks will win Game 4. I have a better sense for this game than I did with Game 3 (and I am talking before the game even started). Go Canucks Go!

No comments: