Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Time

Well, finished all my exams and let me say that all of them were all brutal! I just hope I get by unscathed. But enough of that, it's time to enjoy what is coming... Christmas! As we speak, you could maybe hear Christmas songs in the background. Just a little something I added to my blog to add some "spice" to it.

I am so excited that my sister will be arriving today at 3:45 pm. It's been a long time and I miss that roomate I had for all these years. What we have planned as of now is to watch the Rocky movie with the whole family. I've heard a lot of good reviews about this Rocky movie and for someone that grew up watching it without being able to see it on the big screen, will be a first. I could have watched Rocky V but it already looked bad from the previews so I did not bother. I like the plot on this one.

Every Christmas morning, there is a new ritual that Carla and some of our friends and relatives do as well. That is, go to Holy Rosary Cathedral here in downtown Vancouver and feed the homeless. A lot of volunteers come in to this event and help out. You set up tables and chairs, prepare gift bags consisting of canned goods and groceries and prepare some turkey for them eat. Because there are a lot of volunteers each year, you can get an assembly line going for preparation of food, and you get to meet with a lot of really cool people. This will be actually the first time where I will have some of my real close friends willing to help out. This will make it even more fun as it will be their first time doing it.

I want to wish everyone an advanced Merry Christmas and New Years.

No comments: